As a member of the „Entangled Media Histories„-network (EMHIS) I have had the pleasure to be part of its delegation to visit the EUscreenXL-Conference „From Audience to User: Engaging with Audiovisual Heritage Online“ that took place 30.-31. October in Rome. In particular, we were busy in networking with other scholars, archivists and research networks dealing with transnational broadcasting history.
Besides EMHIS following five networks were present:
- European Television History Network
- European (Post) Socialist Television History Network
- Transnational Radio Encounters: Mediations of Nationality, Identity and Community through Radio
- FIAT/IFTA Television Studies Commission
- Women’s Film and Television History Network (UK and Ireland)
EMHIS was represented by Marie Cronqvist (Associate Professor in Media History at the Department of Communication and Media at Lund University, Sweden), Kristin Skoog (Lecturer in Media and Assistant Director of the Centre for Media History at Bournemouth University, United Kingdom) and myself.
Kristin Skoog has written a short report about the conference, which you will find here.